For years, analysts and pundits have predicted the demise of the conventional PC. Supposedly people prefer mobile phones and tablets and the core PC market is nothing more than a skeleton of its former glory. Thanks to COVID-19 and the launch of some interesting new hardware, consumer demand for PCs and individual components has skyrocketed to all-time highs. For the first time I can recall, 2020 has seen people lining up outside retailers to try and secure items as mundane as motherboards!
Should you have plans of buying a new gaming PC for Cyberpunk 2077 or any of the other major releases of 2020, or if you are just looking to upgrade a few parts, our handy guide to the best PC gaming deals for Black Friday should be a perfect starting point for your shopping.
Black Friday 2020 PC gaming deals
While the trend of buying new PCs or components for specific games is nothing new, things feel a bit different in 2020 thanks to the impending release of CD Projekt Red’s Cyberpunk 2077. With the PC version being the best way to play the game at launch (the next-gen console upgrade has been pushed into 2021), many folks are anxious to get their hands on new hardware to provide the best gaming experience possible.
Scoring big deals on PC hardware works a bit differently than many other big-ticket holiday gift items as many products are sold based on commodity pricing rather than a fixed MSRP. Still, some of the internet’s top retailers are expected to offer some killer deals in the week leading up to Black Friday and beyond.
As one of the oldest tech retailers out there, NewEgg has been the go-to for many PC gaming enthusiasts for years. For Black Friday, the company is opening up its floodgates early on November 23, with deals running through November 27.
- ABS Prism B Gaming PC – Ryzen 7 3700X – GeForce RTX 2070 Super – 16GB DDR4 – 1TB SSD – $1299.99
- MSI CODEX R 10SC-006US Gaming PC – Intel Core i7-10700F – 16 GB DDR4 – 1 TB HDD + 512 GB SSD – GeForce RTX 2060 – $969.99
- ASUS ROG Strix GL10DH Gaming PC – AMD Ryzen 7 3700X – GeForce RTX 2060 Super – 16 GB DDR4 – 512 GB SSD – $1049.99
- ASUS ROG Strix G17 Gaming Laptop – 17.3″ 144 Hz – GeForce RTX 2070 – Intel Core i7-10750H – 16 GB DDR4 – 512 GB SSD – $1399.99 (11/26-11/27)
- ACER Predator Triton 300 Gaming Laptop – 15.6″ 240 Hz – Intel Core i7-10750H – GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q – 16 GB Memory – 512 GB PCIe SSD – $1299.99 (11/27 only)
- MSI GL75 Leopard 10SFK-029 Gaming Laptop – 17.3″ 144 Hz – Intel Core i7-10750H – GeForce RTX 2070 – 16 GB DDR4 – 1 TB HDD + 512 GB SSD – $1199.99
- ASUS TUF Gaming VG24VQ 24″ Full HD 1920 x 1080 1ms MPRT 144Hz Gaming Monitor – $149.99
- ASUS TUF GAMING VG27WQ 27″ WQHD 2560 x 1440 1ms 165Hz Gaming Monitor – $319.99
- SAMSUNG Odyssey G7 C27G75T 27″ Quad HD 2560 x 1440 2K 240Hz Gaming Monitor – $549.99
- SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 Series C49G97T 49″ Dual QHD 5120 x 1440 2K 1ms 240Hz Ultrawide Gaming Monitor – $1249.99
- Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D3, QLC Internal Solid State Drive – $82.99
- SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5″ 1TB SATA III V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive – $99.99
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 Desktop Memory – $76.99
- CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 Desktop Memory – $119.99
- WD Black 8TB D10 Game Drive Portable External Hard Drive for PS4/Xbox One/PC/Mac USB 3.2 – $169.99
- AMD RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz Socket AM4 Desktop Processor – $294.99
- AMD RYZEN 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz Socket AM4 Desktop Processor – $139.99
- ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (WI-FI) AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard – $129.99
- ASUS ROG Strix B550-E Gaming AMD AM4 ATX Gaming Motherboard – $219.99
- Fractal Design Meshify C White ATX Computer Case – $69.99
- EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GA, 80 Plus Gold 650W, Fully Modular Power Supply – $89.97
- CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm AIO Liquid Cooling Kit – $99.99
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler – $24.99
- HTC VIVE Cosmos Elite VR Headset – $799.99
- Oculus Quest 2 – Virtual Reality Headset w/$20 gift card – 256 GB – $399
While the parts availability at Best Buy is not a match for dedicated PC component retailers, they will be offering some solid Black Friday deals if you happen to have a need for the items on offer.
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus M15 15.6″ Gaming Laptop – $1249.99
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB Internal PCI Express NVMe SSD – $149.99
- Samsung T7 1TB External USB 3.2 Gen 2 Portable Solid State Drive – $159.99
- Samsung CRG5 Series 27″ LED Curved FHD G-Sync Monitor – $279.99
- Razer Viper Wired Optical Gaming Mouse with Chroma RGB Lighting – $39.99
- CORSAIR – K70 RGB MK.2 Wired Gaming Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry MX Speed Switch – $89.99
Those are some of the best Black Friday PC gaming deals for 2020. We’ll be sure to update this post as more deals arrive. Be sure to keep checking in with Shacknews for even more deals from all over the retail world. You can find all the latest information on the Shacknews Black Friday 2020 page.