I mean it sort of doesn’t make a lot of sense here in Australia (curious to know if any new lines for Junkrat and Roadhog reflect this), though if the weather keeps flipping on its head here… it might even be prophetic. At any rate, Blizzard has released its “Winter Wonderland” update for Overwatch, which features a number of additions to the game.
Here’s the official snowball:
It’s time to cosy up with family, friends, and teammates! Winter Wonderland 2020 is now live on PC, Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch. Brand new rewards are available this year, so don’t forget to log in from 16 December to 6 January AEDT/NZDT for a holly jolly cosmetic collection!
NEW BRAWL: 4v4 Freezethaw Elimination
- In addition to Mei’s Snowball Offensive, Yeti Hunt, and Snowball Deathmatch, players will be able to experience the new brawl, 4v4 Freezethaw Elimination!
- This new game mode requires one team to completely freeze the other team in order to win.
- Players will become frozen when they would normally die.
- Teammates can thaw someone by interacting with the frozen player.
- Weekly Challenges are back for Winter Wonderland, allowing you to unlock limited-time rewards by winning nine games.
- Rewards include an array of player icons, sprays, and Epic skins!
- Week 1: Elf Junkrat (Epic)
- Week 2: Gingerbread Ana (Epic)
- Week 3: Frosty Roadhog (Epic)
- Five Legendary Skins:
- Conductor Reinhardt
- Penguin Mei
- Ice Empress Moira
- Toybot Zenyatta
- Lumberjack Torbjorn
- Three Epic Skins
- Player Icons, Sprays
The new content only runs through until january 6th, so make sure you get in now and ignore your family for the online one like so, so, so many of us prefer to do over the Holidays.